Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Today was a GREAT day!

Wow..I'm almost speechless. lol..Ok, well anyone who knows me knows that's a lie! All I can say is that the workbox system is a miracle. Hunter LOVED it! Dalton did too! Dalton is only 4 so I didn't push him. He started on his first one and it was a Noah's Ark coloring sheet...we colored for a bit and he was dunzo. Only when Hunter hit his 7th envelope, which contained 2 suncatchers and paint, did Dalton decide that he might should get busy. LOL! Last night I explained to Hunter how the system would work (ie: he would do the folders in order from 1-12 and he would take breaks according to the little schedule that I had made.) Well morning comes and he's up before 8am...but Dalton is playing with blocks..so in between eating breakfast he's playing blocks with Dalton. I reminded him twice that his school work was waiting..but I didn't push or force..finally around 9:30 I said "ok Hunter, let me put it like this...I don't care when you choose to start your school work but the tv will not be turned on until it is finished AND you have a baseball game this evening and if your school work isn't complete we will be sitting here instead of going to the game." Ok..so wise boy, he decides to go to the school room and get started. He worked VERY well on his folders..I didn't time him on anything so some things took him longer than normal..He finally finished his last envelope around 3pm, which is way later than we normally are finishing up. On the flip side, we did finish, we did everything I had planned out, including "site word bingo" and an art project that included paint! I know that as soon as it gets a little warmer and he realizes that he wants to get in the pool in the back yard that he will get a little speed going. Of course, I don't want him rushing and not getting something..but he definetly could have worked a little quicker today. I reminded him once that had he gotten started when he first got up that he could be finished by now...this was about 1:30pm. He totally agreed so I expect tomorrow will be even better. This afternoon once he was finished he told me that he loved his workbox and wanted to do it again tomorrow!! I found putting together the boxes today was even easier than it was yesterday. Dalton finished all 12 of his envelopes today too! I am so proud of them! I took pics, but it's late and the camera is in a different room and I would, um, like have to get out from under my covers to go get it. lol (If only I had a Snugglie...ROFL!)

Also, our printer ink came in today so I printed of some cool Earth Day stuff to use for tomorrow and Hunter and I printed some "horse" stuff off for him to use in his lapbook tomorrow. Wooot!

Pics to come, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment